Wednesday, May 2

i just watched phantom of the opera with my sister. it was a great outing. firstly, because i've always wanted to watch phantom the musical; having heard so much about it and watching the movie (which wasn't great), i had to watch the musical for myself. secondly, because it was with my sister, anna. she's really busy so we don't get much time to just hang out but we're still close.

what makes phantom so great has to be the songs. the set, costumes, etc, are good but not spectacular. with the exception of the phantom and maybe christine, the characters are rather forgettable. so what is it? it's andrew lloyd webber's brilliance. the composition and lyrics are beautiful and apt. the balance and variety is admirable. 'all i ask of you' is such a beautiful duet.

i thank god for my sister. she's amazing, the way she balances everything with the maturity and poise she possesses. its great how we can talk about almost anything and encourage and support one another. i can't say enough about her, you'll have to get to know her for yourself.

2 comments:

annacaish said...

thanks bro. you make me sound more awesome than i really am. anyway. you do know you're the best bro ever right? right.
:)

Dixiebell said...

hi korkor,
this is isabella , your blog gave me great ideas for my blog go there soon

isabella